Nourishing communities, nourishing the future
Every day we strive to be a responsible corporate citizen by living our mission of nourishing lives, which includes nourishing our communities.
We want to be builders, givers and sustainers. We want to make our world and our community better places in which to live and grow.
Including General Mills Foundation grants, product donations and strategic philanthropy, General Mills has long committed 5 percent of its pre-tax profits to charity programs around the world. In fiscal 2010, that amounted to USD$100 million.
Our leadership in corporate giving has been recognized by Business Week magazine, which named us as one of the "most-generous corporate donors."
In Taiwan, General Mills also commits to be a responsible corporate citizen.
We make contributions in philanthropy programs, including education, disaster relief and sponsorship to marathon.
- 2013 Join build-first-bake-house program in Lanyu, to help people in post-Typhoon Morakot reconstruction.
- Grants to United Way Charity Supplies Transfer Station for 63 groups or organizations in 2012.
- Sponsorship to World Vision and participation of 12 Hour Famine Hero Campaign in 2011.
- Sponsorship to World vision 30 Hour Famine Hero Rally and participation of 12 Hour Famine Hero Campaign in 2010.
- Donation to Chung Yi Social Welfare Foundation on 2010 Chinese New Year.
- Grants to United Way Charity Supplies Transfer Station for 20 groups in 2010.
- Donation of reconstruction after Typhoon Morakot in 2009.
- Nature Valley sponsorship to 2008 ING Taipei marathon.
- Donation of Nature Valley products to Pingtong Aboriginal Concern Community at the beginning of 2008.